Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Spend time with friends

Yes. I might be considered a stalker. But I'm okay with that. Let me back up and explain a bit...

In the process of cleaning up, sorting and organizing my house, I cam across several old photo albums. You show me one person who can just pick up photo albums and store them without cracking them open for a venture down memory lane and I will show you one robot. Nobody human should be able to accomplish such a feat. Well, I'm human.

I stumbled upon these pictures:



And I wondered where these ladies went in my life. One of them is my cousin but the rest were good friends from elementary school that I had lost touch with. I was determined to see where they are now. Let the Googling commence!!

I found Liz first - she's the blonde. Then I found Claudia - not pictured. Claudia put me in touch  with Phyllis - the tall one. I got emails and created an email conversation. Liz friended me on Facebook and re-connections began! Exciting stuff. We all agreed to reconnect and find a time and I said I would send out some times, but then, guess what? Life happened. Time went by and the group email was pushed further and further down into the sea of emails in my inbox. Weeks went by and nothing... No one tried to revive the conversation. We were each living our own lives and staying above water. But then, something happened.

Liz announced on Facebook that she had gotten another job and was moving to NYC (New York City) on the New Year. What?!! It is already almost Christmas and we were running out of time. That's it. The panic sequence was engaged and I revived that group email with dates and suggested times and places. About 15 or so emails later, we had secured a definite meeting time and place. You could tell that we were all gushing with excitement.

Well, that day was yesterday and it was AMAZING!! I've never been so energized in my life. Wow! It was like we picked up naturally from what ceased to exist almost 30 years ago!! The bond was unreal. The connection, intense. The authenticity of the moment... priceless. It reminded me to value the people that God places in my life. They are gifts. Well, the right ones are. And these ladies really fueled my soul. I'm so grateful for that hour together.



If only we could all experience such energizing connections every single week. That's my hope for you this week. Make it happen - it won't just accidentally fall into place. Sometimes, you have to put the puzzle together yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment