Tuesday, February 16, 2016

It's My Birthday!!

So... sorry for the quiet few days. But I have a great excuse! My birthday was last week and WOW did I celebrate! I mean, I'm kinda proud of myself. I was partying like it was 1999. It was a three phase celebration. 


Why no cake? Because I had a giant cobbler made to share for my birthday.
Why? Because I like cobbler more than cake and it's my birthday so back off! 

2 of my Besties from the dinner
For Phase One, I hosted a vision board party, which was AMAZING! 11 of my girlfriends showed up and brought my favorite champagne and we enjoyed wine and cheese for snacks. We opened up about our desires for ourselves and were honest about why we decided to come to the party. It was very insightful. I love my friends. 

Phase Two happened on Thursday night. Dinner at my favorite restaurant. I figured since it was a weeknight that not many would attend but almost 40 people came! I don't know a time when I felt more special. Really. 
A few of us posing, with the cast, after the play. 

Phase Three was in support of my cousin who starred in a play called, The Meeting. It's about a secret conversation that supposedly took place between Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and Malcolm X. It was riveting. Truly. About 8 of my friends and I went to watch it and then we went to a local restaurant to celebrate together. 

Doesn't it feel like I'm
peeking around the
edge of this blog at
you? Creepy right? 
Last week was pretty amazing. Not because I partied. And not even becuase I may have partied a bit too hard and gotten sick. (Yeah, I know. smh) It's because I was surrounded by pepole who love me. The people in my life now are supposed to be here. I felt genuine love, without pretense or convenience. People blessed me with gifts... GIFTS!! At my age, I didn't expect gifts but I accepted them - LOL! It reminded me how long it had been since I celebrated myself. more than 9 years. Can you believe it? I can't. 

And guess what? It won't be another nine years... That's what I learned. I learned to celebrate. Pause, take time to plan something for me and then ENJOY IT. Be fully present and have a blast. Life is too short for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment